Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. at a glance
Sun Life Financial (SLF) Trust Inc. is incorporated under the federal Trust and Loan Companies Act. It is licensed to carry on business in all provinces and territories and provides deposit products and services.
Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), a crown agency designed to protect the money you invest with member institutions, up to certain limits set by the CDIC. For more information about this coverage, please contact CDIC at 1-800-461-2342, or visit their website at www.cdic.ca.
Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. provides quarterly reports to the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) and is subject to regular review by OSFI.
Products and services provided by Sun Life Financial Trust Inc.
Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
- Provides customers with guaranteed deposits to complement their accumulation annuity and market-based investment products.
- Trust services allow plan sponsors to offer plan members registered pension plans through trusteed arrangements.
- It also allows for plan sponsors of trusteed arrangement to offer their plan members the ability to move registered assets from an external trust environment.
- A trusteed plan allows plan sponsors to offer plan members investments in GICs as well as guaranteed and segregated funds.
- Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. also acts as the trustee of the registered plans of certain mutual fund dealers.
Our GICs are issued and backed by the financial strength of Sun Life Financial Trust Inc., a member of the Sun Life group of companies.
Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). GICs are eligible for CDIC coverage, to limits set by the CDIC. For information about this coverage, go to www.cdic.ca or click on the Protecting Your Deposits brochure.